For years I have had a certain problem where anything that goes in my mouth gets swallowed. I just can’t keep it from going down the throat. For many years I did not use traditional toothpaste because it made me vomit. However after my mom found some fluoride free toothpaste at Sprouts. I was using it and it didn’t make me sick or vomit like the toothpaste containing fluoride.
But yesterday I was lectured by my dentist for 20 minutes about how I “need” fluoride and how it’s just some conspiracy theory that fluoride is poison. So I used the crest toothpaste that she gave me and it made me sick and vomit.
And of course it does! After all there is a warning on the tube to contact a poison control center immediately if swallowed. Considering how many times I’ve swallowed it when I tried to use it, the only reason I’m not dead must be because I vomit as soon as it goes down my throat. If the container itself indicates that it’s poisonous, then why would anyone, even a dentist, recommend it?
I know I’m gonna get yelled at by my dentist but I’m gonna have to switch back to the fluoride free toothpaste that doesn’t make me vomit. After all, vomit is not good for teeth either.
I know my dentist means well but I believe she’s been deceived on this particular issue.